Sunday, December 5, 2010

Working Android Through the Computer

Well, its been a long time since I've posted anything worthwhile on my blog so I figured I'd put my free time to good use.

Since I prefer typing on my computer's keyboard rather than doing stuff directly on my phone, I use ADB ( The Android Debug Bridge ) a lot. I just feel everything is a lot better, faster and easier to copy/paste via the computer.

Obviously, some things have to be done from the phone directly but for the stuff that can be done from the PC, everything's just more convenient when the phone is directly hooked up.

So what I'm going to do is publish a few small guides here and there for various functions that I think are important or are things that I do often. I'll end up doing this over the next few days or weeks. They'll be in relative detail, since over the past 9 months or so of acquiring my Milestone I have learnt a lot about Android, its functionality, the stuff you can actually do with it, etc.

I'll mostly link each new guide at the end of this post as and when I finish writing it.

For now,

Pz.

-------------------

Guides

How to install Android Debug Bridge on Windows

How to Overclock the Motorola Milestone on CyanogenMod6

How to Mount SDCard in Recovery Mode

No comments:

Post a Comment